I strongly support a policy platform that is developed by and responsive to the grassroots membership of the Conservative Party – I want to hear from you. If elected leader, I will continue to rely on our members to help set the direction of our party.
• Husband to Rebecca, father to Mollie and Jack.
• Joined the Canadian Armed Forces at 17, served as an Air Force Captain before transferring to the Reserves and studying law at Dalhousie University.
• As a lawyer, helped found the True Patriot Love Foundation, an organization that supports military families and veterans.
• Elected as Member of Parliament for Durham, Ontario in 2012 and re-elected in 2015.
• Appointed Minister of Veterans Affairs in 2015 and modernized the department to connect with a new generation of veterans.